Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Products
1. Any contract for purchases made through this website will be with Ann Shakespeare whose registered address is situated at 13a Addison Crescent, London W14 8JR. The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
2. Ann Shakespeare must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been received from Paypal, Ann Shakespeare will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in the checkout form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Ann Shakespeare’s acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
Ann Shakespeare reserves the right to change both the retail price of the goods and the postage costs.
3. Ann Shakespeare is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on this website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Any contract for purchase(s) relies on the Customer information on the checkout form being accurate and correct. Ann Shakespeare will not be liable for missed or failed delivery attributable to inaccurate information provided on the checkout form.
Withdrawal By You From the Contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
4. You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the twenty first working day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give Ann Shakespeare any reason for withdrawing your order nor will you have to pay any penalty.
5. To withdraw your order you must notify Ann Shakespeare in writing at the address set out in 1., above.
6. If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the return address as below at your own cost and risk unless the goods were supplied faulty or damaged.
7. Once you have notified Ann Shakespeare that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited to Paypal from your debit or credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
Availability of Goods
8. From time-to-time, we may place a limit on the number of copies of a book that you can order from this website. This may occur, for example, in situations where there is limited stock. If Ann Shakespeare has insufficient stock to deliver some or all of the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and, if applicable, notify Paypal that a refund for the applicable sum (the cost of the order plus postage) is necessary. Ann Shakespeare is not obliged to offer compensation for any disappointment suffered.
Delivery of Goods
9. Ann Shakespeare will post your order to the person and address you give at checkout. Any special delivery notices you provide at checkout will be forwarded to Royal Mail, however Ann Shakespeare cannot make any assurances that Royal Mail (or any other courier) will adhere to that special delivery notice.
Ann Shakespeare will not be liable for any delays by Royal Mail nor by any other third party carrier.
10. Goods are shipped with the Royal Mail. If an alternative courier is necessary or advantageous in our opinion, we will notify you in advance of your order being shipped.
11. For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
12. Shipping costs are as follows:
12.a. Within the UK: Dispatch via Royal Mail First Class. Orders are dispatched on the next working day and have an estimated delivery time of one to two working days. The shipment cost is £1.50 per book.
12.b. To Europe: Dispatch via Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed. Orders are dispatched within two working days and have an estimated delivery time of three to five working days. The shipment cost is £8.45 per book.
12.c. Rest of world: Dispatch via Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed. Orders are dispatched within two working days and have an estimated delivery time of five to seven working days. The shipment cost is £9.80 per book.
Value Added Tax (VAT) and Local Taxes
13. God’s Gift of Tremendous Power costs £8.50 per copy inclusive of VAT (books are currently zero rated). The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated). Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes.
14. If the goods Ann Shakespeare delivers are damaged or if the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Ann Shakespeare shall make good any shortage or replace any goods that are damaged or defective. You must notify Ann Shakespeare of any damage, defect or delivery issue within 10 days of the date they were dispatched to you. Ann Shakespeare will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem as above and shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to make good on your order or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods and delivery costs in question.
15. Please return damaged or defective goods to 13a Addison Crescent, London W14 8JR. We recommend that you use a recorded delivery service, as we cannot be responsible for non-delivery of returned items.
16. Replacement goods shall be dispatched within 10 working days of receiving the returned goods, subject to clause 9., above.
17. Ann Shakespeare makes no representations or warranties of any kind that this website and emails are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code and shall not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website in any way. (We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that bugs and other computer nasties are not present). In no event shall the owner of this website nor any agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website. The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Ann Shakespeare makes no warranties about the availability of the site and shall not be responsible for any detriment to any user caused by any reliance placed on this website or its content.